If you wish to add a new meeting, you must complete the required fields under the General, Location, and Age groups & implements tabs at a minimum.
This guide is divided into two sections.
- Adding a meeting
- Additional meeting information field
Adding a meeting
1. Enter the name of the meeting under Meeting name.
2. Choose the Season in which your meeting will be held. (Note: there may be different events in the indoor and outdoor seasons).
Please note: you will NOT be able to change the Season field after the meeting is created.
3. Choose the Meeting type which specifies the level of the meeting (National, Regional, etc.) used for search purposes in the app. Remember if you choose School status you will see schools' names instead of clubs on both start lists and results. Also, if you choose both the School option and the United States as a country, you will see grades for athletes (on the start lists, results, in PDF files and in the app).
Please note: you will NOT be able to change the Meeting type field after choosing the School option and saving/creating the meet with it.
4. Set the Meeting status which controls the meeting visibility in the Roster app. The default setting when creating a meeting is Draft, which means the meeting is not yet visible in the app. You should only change this field from Draft to another status when the meeting is ready to be published (i.e., made publicly available on the Roster Athletics app).
Please note: you will NOT be able to change this field back to Draft after changing the status to Scheduled, Open or Finished.
- Draft status means the meeting is NOT visible in the app. If you would like to open the meeting for only a few selected users, you can set a password. See more information in the Add password guide.
- Scheduled status means the meeting is visible in the app, but no meeting data (e.g., start lists, feed, Roster fantasy game, etc.) can be viewed publicly.
- Open status means all users can find and see the meeting and all meeting data.
- Finished status means the meeting is still visible in the app, but the fantasy game is over.
5. Enter the Meeting start (local date and time) and Meeting end (local date and time).
You can change the date and time format in the user settings. See more information in the Date and time format guide.
6. Choose the desired Measurements system for your meet. The default setting for measurement units is the Metric system. To use feet and inches instead, select the Imperial (ft-in) system here. This cannot be changed after creating the meet, though please note that individual Roster app users can select their preferred measurement units to use in the app through the app settings.
Please note: you will NOT be able to change the Measurement units field after the meeting is created.
7. Enter the name of the City where the meeting is taking place.
8. Select the Country where the meeting is taking place. You can either choose a country from the list or type in the name of the country in the filter box.
Please note: after selecting the country, the proper age groups and implements table will be selected (if exists).
If a meeting is located in the United States, choose the State where the meeting will take place.
9. The Time-zone sets automatically, and if correct, you will now be able to click the blue Create button to create a meeting. If it is incorrect, double-check the country and city/state/postal code fields.
10. Choose the desired Age groups and implements table (or use the default General setting)
Please note: you will NOT be able to change the Age groups and implements field after the meeting is created so please make sure to set properly.
The Age group & implements section allows you to enable the appropriate type of age groups available for your meeting as well as the specific implement mapping, points scoring tables (for combined events and points scoring team competitions), and age grading factors based on your country or specific type of organisation (e.g. World Athletics). Otherwise, a general default setting will be applied to the implement mapping and all standard age groups will be available for your meeting.
- Age group and implement field - default will be the General setting. If desired, choose your specific country to use the implement table associated with that country (or specific organisation such as World Athletics). You cannot change this field once the meeting is created. This field is critical for automatically applying the right points tables and age grading factors for your meeting where appropriate.
- Default age group - the age group that will be selected automatically after adding a new event. You have the option to change the age group in the events Schedule for every event. This field can also be changed at any time.
- Profiles - sets the available age groups for your meeting: Standard/Professional for the typical set of age groups, Extended for any special set of age groupings that are associated with your country or specific organisation. This field can be changed at any time.
- Selecting age groups - the age groups that you select here will be the groups that you can choose from in the Schedule when changing an age group for an event and also when assigning an athlete to an age group on the Start list for a multi age group event.
Additional meeting information field
Under the General tab, you can elect to add/choose additional information about the meeting.
- Venue name - the name of the stadium, hall, or another place where the meeting is taking place.
- Team competitions - enable team competitions if your meeting includes a team competition(s). See more information in the Set up a team competition guide.
- Meeting image - you can add a meeting photo that is visible in the app as a cover photo for your meeting. If you do not add a meeting image, the system will display a random photo from the Roster Athletics photo database.
Under the Contact tab, you can add or choose the following additional information:
- Contact email - organiser’s email which is visible only to coaches and participants.
- Contact phone - organiser’s phone number which is visible only to coaches and participants.
Under the Location tab, you can add or choose the following additional information:
- Street address - the street address of the location where the meeting is taking place.
- Postcode - a postal code or zip code of the location where the meeting is taking place.
For other features on the Details page, please see the following user guides for more information:
- Adding a sponsor
- Adding a fantasy game
- Adding HLS live-streaming (if available)
- Adding a password
- Setting up FinishLynx integration
- Permission to edit a meeting
- View athletes list - public overview
- Automatic results reporting to statistics services - you will see an option to enable this in the General section if your federation/organisation has set this up with Roster. See the guide for more details.