This Meeting Feed User Guide is divided into two sections below:
How the Meeting Feed Works
During the meeting, you can engage followers of your meeting by adding posts related to events in the venue (i.e. photos, videos and video interviews, organizer's messages, etc.) which will appear in the meeting FEED on the Roster Athletics app. Please note that the FEED is an interactive feature that allows app users to communicate and connect with the organizer.
1. To add a comment, click on the Meeting feed link in the left-hand side menu.
2. To add a text-only comment, write a text in the What's the news? field and click on either (a) the Post comment button, or (b) the Post & notify button if you would like to send a notification to all of the followers of the meeting.
3. To add a comment with a picture, write a text in the What's the news? field and then click on the camera icon to choose a picture from your hard disk. To post the comment and picture, click on either (a) the Post comment button, or (b) the Post & notify button if you would like to send a notification to all of the followers of the meeting.
4. To add a comment with a Youtube video (currently the only supported video format), write a text in the What's the news? field, then click on the video camera icon and paste a YouTube video link. To post the comment and video, click on either (a) the Post comment button, or (b) the Post & notify button if you would like to send a notification to all of the followers of the meeting.
5. As the meeting organizer, you are able to monitor and moderate the comments in your meeting FEED. To delete a comment, click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner above a comment, and either (a) choose the Moderate option if you want to delete the comment with a note DELETED that will show up in the app, or (b) choose the Delete option if you want to delete the comment without any information.
Note: Users can access the FEED in the app only if the meeting status is set to the Open or Finished.
Tips and Tricks - How to Best Utilize the Feed for Your Meeting
The FEED is a real-time communications tool that allows organizers to directly broadcast to their fans through the app at any point during the meet and interact with them collectively. It can be used and animated in several ways, with the ability to target the FEED contents for different groups of users who will see this information on their Roster app. The purpose of this FEED is to allow organizers to reach:
- Fans (both at the venue and away from the venue following remotely)
- Parents and families of athlete (both at the venue and away from the venue following remotely)
- Team managers
Since these followers are not necessarily all physically present at the meeting, a more visual approach to create a rich user experience while using the app is highly recommended.
By taking the extra time to optimize usage of the FEED, you will allow users of the app to engage and follow the meet with more interest, resulting in a better fan experience while building the popularity of the meeting for the next edition.
As described in the guide above, it is possible to animate the FEED with comments, photos or videos.
These can be broadcast before, during and after a meeting. As a note, remember to set the meeting as Open to allow users to view the FEED on the app.
Before the Meeting Tips:
As soon as the meeting is set to Open in Roster admin, users can view the following types of information:
- Geographical location of the meeting, e.g. photos or videos of the stadium and the surroundings.
- History of the meeting, e.g. the number of years it has existed, records, etc.
- Name of national or international top athletes who are participating in the meet.
- Background of top athletes or the meeting itself.
- Important practical information, e.g. nearby restaurants, transport, parking, etc.
During the Meeting Tips:
During the meeting itself, meet information may change and thus need to be updated to the crowd. The organizer may also want to provide other interesting useful information. Note that the FEED is interactive and thus any fan can also comment or ask questions as well.
Changes meet information examples:
- Changes in the start times of one or more events (or stages of an event).
- Cancellation of one or more events (or stages of an event).
- Meeting records, national or international.
- Other records, e.g. participation of an athlete for the 10th consecutive year.
- Background or information about athletes participating in an event, e.g. world records of Armand Duplantis through the years.
- Length of the indoor track, number of hurdles on a 100m hurdles, etc.
Examples for users who are not physically present at the meeting:
- Comments related to specific events.
- Video interviews.
- Live-streaming of the meeting and events via Youtube (see above on how to setup and use).
- Photos or videos of different events (comments on a record, participation of one or more athletes, etc.).
- Photos or videos of the medal ceremonies (if the meeting is a championship).
- Information on LOC (Local Organizing Committee), e.g., the jury, timing system, etc.
- Answers to questions asked by users in the FEED.
After the Meeting Tips:
The organizer can further engage with the fans and provide useful information after the meeting has ended, such as:
- List of the different records set during the meeting, e.g. PB’s and SB’s.
- Summary of the meeting.
- Information about the next edition of this meeting.
- Information about winner(s) of the Fantasy Game.
Please be very careful with copyright of photos and videos. Make sure you have the right to use any photos/videos you post.