Once your organisation has set up a Stripe payments processing account for Roster registration, you are ready to enable registrations for your meet/meeting and accept participant payments.
For information on how to enable a Stripe account, please see the Organisers: Enabling Stripe account user guide.
This guide is organised as follows:
- Getting started
- Registration Setup
- Registration management
- Meet/Meeting fees
This guide assumes you are familiar with setting up a meet/meeting within the Roster admin platform. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to the Create a meeting set of user guides with detailed instructions.
Upon enabling your Stripe account, you will be able to toggle the MEETS/MEETINGS → Details → General → Registration field from Disabled to Enabled for any meet/meeting within your organisational domain.
After enabling this field, a REGISTRATION section with three menu icons will appear on the far left-hand side blue column, registration Setup, Management and Meet/Meeting fees.
Please note: once registration is enabled for your meet/meeting, it cannot be disabled.
On the Details page are a few other fields that can be important in regards to registration.
Under MEETS/MEETINGS → Details → Country-specific options, you will find a Licence verification field that allows you to select the appropriate licence requirement setting for this meet/meeting.
Please note: this feature is currently available only if the country is set to England, Wales, or the United Kingdom. The system will not check an athlete (for a valid licence) under 11 years of age on the day of the competition.
- Strict - athletes will be required to have a valid licence number.
- Allow foreign (licence is required for home athletes) - England and Wales athletes will be required to have their active licence number as part of the registration process. Foreign athletes not from England and Wales are allowed to register without a licence.
- None - no licence requirement is in place.
England and Wales athletes' licence number is automatically verified with the Trinity database for validation.
Please note: once this field is set during meet/meeting set up, it can only be changed to a more relaxed option. Thus Strict can be changed to either Allow foreign or None, and Allow foreign can only be changed to None.
Age group verification
Under MEETS/MEETINGS → Details → Country-specific options, you will also find an Age group verification field that allows you to set enforcement of age group events for your meet/meeting. The options are:
- None - no age group sign-up restrictions, thus any participant can sign up for any age group event,
- Regular - participant's own age group; if in a masters age group - only own age group or in a younger age group; if in a youth age group - only own age group or in an older age group,
- Strict - athlete's own group or Senior only age groups.
Once you have added events to your meet/meeting, press the REGISTRATION → Setup button, which will bring you to the main page that controls the parameters for configuring your registration set-up.
The set-up view lists all events or sets of events grouped by gender. Next to each event are the following columns that detail a number of configuration options for that event:
- Age group - the age group for that event (to set up multiple age groups for your meet/meeting, please refer to the Setting up multiple age group events user guide).
- Max athletes - the maximum number of athletes allowed to register for that event. Please note that if the max number has been reached AND automatic approval is enabled, any additional athletes that sign up will automatically be moved to the wait list until the organiser decides to approve or reject their participation.
- Price - the price in your currency (see below) for each event to be paid by every participant in your meet/meeting. The price includes all processing fees (payment processing and Roster) and VAT/tax (if enabled) for each registration payment.
- Qualification standard - this sets the qualification standard marks that must be met by the participant for this event prior to being accepted. To use the qualification standard feature for registration, it must be first enabled in the Fees & defaults section described below.
- State - the state of each event, visible in the public registration view.
- Pending - initial state, not yet open to public registration.
- Open - registration is open for sign-ups.
- Closed - registration is closed and not open to any more sign-ups.
- Excluded - these events will not have public registration (e.g. "Invitational Mile"). The organiser will manually add athletes to the start list. These events and participants are still visible in the public view.
The meet/meeting options include the following:
- Registration visibility
- Draft (not visible to the public) - registration is not yet open to the public.
- Published (publicly visible) - registration is open and visible to the public.
- Registration deadline - Date
- Registration deadline - Time
- Currency - select the appropriate currency for your country. Please note: it is highly recommended to select the native currency for your organisation to avoid added currency exchange charges if selecting another currency.
- VAT - choice of including appropriate VAT/tax amount in registration payments.
- Enabled (xx %) - include appropriate VAT/tax amount for your geographical region on each participation payment transaction.
- Disabled - do not include VAT/tax on each participation payment transaction.
- Total fee - total processing fee for each transaction which includes payment processing and Roster fees.
- Automatically approve all registrations
- Disable - manually approve all participants before they pay.
- Enable - automatically approve all participants as they sign up, from which they will be allowed to pay and join the start lists.
Please note: once you have changed the Registration visibility from Draft (not visible to public) to Published (publicly visible), you will not be able to change the Currency value, VAT/tax enablement, or Terms & Conditions and Anti-doping Declaration documents (see below under Documents).
Fees & defaults
- Qualification standard verification
- Open - do not use a qualifying mark as a registration acceptance criteria.
- Strict - use a qualifying mark as a registration acceptance criteria.
- Qualification standard record
- Season best - use a season best mark as the qualifying registration criteria.
- Personal best - use a personal best mark as the qualifying registration criteria.
- Max athletes per event - the maximum number of athletes for each event. Please note that if the max number has been reached AND automatic approval is enabled, any additional athletes that sign up will automatically be moved to the wait list until the organiser decides to approve or reject their participation.
- Price per event - the default price in your currency for the amount charged to each participant in each event, which includes all processing fees and VAT/tax (if enabled). The price can be individually adjusted subsequently for each event.
- Meet/Meeting fee - the price in your currency for the amount charged to each participant regardless of the number of events they want to register, which includes all processing fees and VAT/tax (if enabled). This is for organisers that wish to use a meet/meeting participant fee for each athlete, in addition to or in lieu of setting a fee for each event entered.
- Meet/Meeting fee refundable
- Enable - allows users to request a refund after refunding all event fees (if any).
- Disable - do not allow users to request a meet/meeting fee refund.
- Relays pay meet/meeting fee
- Enable - all relays must pay a meet/meeting fee and potential event fee (if any).
- Disable - relays do not have to pay a meet/meeting fee.
Please note: If a meet/meeting fee is greater than 0 and the price for the event is greater than 0, the sum of fees for the participation will be meet/meeting fee + event price. If the participant wants to register for two or more events, the sum will be meet/meeting fee + event no. 1 price + event no. 2 price, and so on.
Event defaults as Max athletes per event, and Price per event can be changed and applied to all or multiple events as a quick way to adjust the price or number of athletes across the board.
To use the event defaults, select the desired events by clicking on the appropriate checkboxes or the select-all checkbox at the very top. A pair of buttons will appear at the bottom of the page, including Apply defaults to selection. Press this button to apply the adjusted default values and save.
To quickly adjust the state of all or multiple events, select the events, press the Modify selection button and choose Open selected, Close selected, or Excluded selected, and save to apply.
Please note: ALL of the following must be enabled for public registration to be open for the selected events:
- MEETS/MEETINGS → Details → General → Meet/Meeting status must be set to Open.
- REGISTRATION → Setup → Meet/Meeting options → Registration visibility must be set to Published (publicly available).
- REGISTRATION → Setup → Event State must be set to Open (for each event).
The Documents section provides the ability to upload documents that may be relevant for participants in your meet/meeting. Options to upload are:
- Terms & Conditions PDF that you require your participants to provide consent upon sign-up.
- Anti-doping Declaration PDF that you require your participants to provide consent upon sign-up.
- Meeting information PDF where you can upload any relevant meet/meeting information you choose. This document can be uploaded and changed at any time.
Please note: once Meet/Meeting options → Registration visibility is changed from Draft to Publicly visible and saved, the Terms & Conditions and Anti-doping Declaration documents cannot be further uploaded or changed.
Once the meet/meeting is open to sign-ups and participants are registering, you will manage all the approval activity through the REGISTRATION → Management page.
Here you will see the list of athletes that are in the registration process and their registration status.
Along the top row are sortable columns with the respective status for each athlete (the Licence column is visible only when the licence verification setting is enabled).
When participants are registering for a meet/meeting requiring organiser approval (default), all athletes will first need to be approved before paying and being added to the start list. Approval and other actions are toggled on the far right-hand column from the 3 dots icon. Once the action is chosen, the participant will also see the updated status.
When a participant has signed up for an event, the organiser can choose to:
- Approve - athlete can move into payment.
- Reject - athlete will not be able to pay and join the event.
- Wait-list - athlete is on the waiting list pending later approval or rejection.
Athletes can be approved (or other actions) individually or in bulk by selecting the checkboxes on the left-hand side and then pressing the appropriate Selection option.
You will find messages notifying you of certain circumstances, which in this case are foreign athletes competing in this competition without a licence.
Once participants have taken action, such as paying or resigning from the event, their payment or approval status will be immediately updated and visible on the same page.
Once the athlete's payment is complete, they are automatically transferred directly to the start list for that event.
Refunding to a participant
The participants can request a refund after payment and either receive a credit towards another event or a payment-type refund.
- Credit refund: total amount for the event will be credited to the participant's account. They can use the credit in the same meet/meeting for a different event or a future meet/meeting from the same organiser.
- Payment method refund: total amount less applicable transaction fees (e.g. credit card fee, Roster service fee).
Once the participant has requested a refund of either type, the organiser can accept or reject the refund. In either case, the participant will be removed from the start list unless he/she has a result. If no action is taken, the participant stays on the start list.
You will see a red icon warning in the top header (next to the meet/meeting name) if there is a refund request. Clicking on the red icon and selecting Refund requests (events) will take you to the Registration management view showing all athletes that have currently requested a refund.
You can also find all refund requests by going to the Registration management view Payment column filter, and select the appropriate option.
You can refund in bulk by selecting the checkboxes on the left-hand side and pressing the appropriate Selection option. Remember not to close the browser when a batch operation takes place. Closing the browser will stop the operation.
Removing/keeping a participant with or without a refund
Once a participant has submitted payment and is on the start list, the organiser has the following choices to remove or keep the athlete using the three dots icon options:
- Remove and refund with credits.
- Remove and refund to method of payment used.
- Remove without refunding.
- Keep and refund with credits.
- Keep and refund to the used method of payment.
Please note: To be able to delete an event with registration, you must first remove or reject all participants (with or without a refund). Once all event registrations are resolved, you can go to the Schedule and delete the event by clicking the three dots icon and selecting Delete.
Message to the organiser
Registrants can send a message to notify the organiser regarding any additional support information, reasonable adjustments they would like the organiser to know of, or other questions.
You will see a red icon warning in the top header (next to the meet/meeting name) if there is a new message. Clicking on the red icon and selecting Registration messages will take you to the Registration management view showing all athletes that have sent a message to the organiser.
You can also find all sent messages by going to the Registration management view Msg. column filter, and select the appropriate option.
Users can edit or add messages anytime, even if they have already registered an athlete/relay, so it is a good practice to mark messages as read to be able to catch potential changes. Messages marked as read will change colour from blue to grey.
For information on downloading and reading the downloadable CSV file with payment data, please see the Bookkeeping user guide.
You can also download a CSV file with information about registrations by clicking the Download CSV button.
The file contains the following columns:
- MeetingName - The meet/meeting's name.
- Event - Event's name.
- Gender - Event's gender.
- AgeGroup - Event's age group.
- RegistrantName - Name of the person signing up theirself and/or others.
- RegistrantEmail - Email address of the person signing up themself and/or others.
- ParticipantName - Name of the participant.
- Licenses (separate columns per federation) - License number of the athlete (if such exists).
- ApprovalStatus - Status of the approval, e.g., Start list, Rejected, Removed, Resigned.
- Message - Message to the organiser.
Adding a meet/meeting entry fee allows you to charge a fixed fee from the participant regardless of the number of events the participant wants to register for.
Once you added a Meet/Meeting fee to the REGISTRATION → Setup → Fees & defaults, the meet/meeting is open to sign-ups, and participants are registering, you will see the list of all participants who paid the entry fee in the REGISTRATION → Meet/Meeting fees page.
Here you can accept or reject refund requests (if refunding is enabled in the REGISTRATION → Setup → Fees & defaults → Meeting fee refundable) or refund a fee without a user request.
You can refund entry fees in bulk by selecting the checkboxes on the left-hand side and pressing the appropriate Selection option. Remember not to close the browser when a batch operation takes place. Closing the browser will stop the operation.