Under the Schedule tab, you can set a timetable for each day of your meeting, including all events for all age categories. The default view is the full schedule, but events can be sorted also by Male (& Boys), Female (& Girls), and Mixed categories.
This guide is divided into two sections:
- Editing schedule
- Other notes
1. Select the age group for your event by clicking on the edit icon on the right-hand side and choosing the Change age group link or clicking on the age group name in the Age group column. If you wish to set a default age group, you can do so under Details → Age groups & implements → Default age group.
You can select age groups that are visible in the Select age group window under the details of the meeting.
You can add the same event to the schedule for different age categories by clicking on the plus icon on the right-hand side and choosing the Add age group link.
Please note: you can only enable the Roster fantasy game for events that have only one age category (cannot be Multiple).
If a single event allows the participation of athletes from different age groups, you can choose the Multiple age group. Individual age groups can be assigned to athletes on the start list.
Note: You can only change to Multiple age groups if you do not already have more than one age group for the same event.
For more information see the Setting up multiple age group events guide.
2. If an event includes qualifying rounds, you can add a Stage.
You can add a new stage by either (i) clicking on the plus icon on the right-hand side, or (ii) changing the current stage in the Stage field.
3. If an event includes qualifying rounds, you can set advancement rules by clicking on the Set up link under the Adv. column (for more information see the Qualifying round guide).
4. As an organizer, you may wish to change the number of rounds the athletes attempt in both the qualification and finals stages for applicable field events, such as long jump, triple jump, and all the throws. In order to optimize usage in the Roster Athletics Meet Mgmt app to enter results for these events, you can set up a model for the number of attempts.
Please note: the model selection does not affect results entry through the web admin portal, and only applies to using the Meet Mgmt app. Also note that you can always edit and add attempts in the web admin portal.
If no model is selected, the Meet Mgmt will default to Qualification for a qualification stage, Combined event for combined events, and Standard final for a finals stage.
The options are as follows:
- Combined event: 3 attempts for all athletes.
- Four rounds to all: 4 attempts for all athletes.
- Qualification: maximum 3 attempts, athlete stops after reaching qualifying mark (if it is set).
- Six rounds to all: 6 attempts for all athletes.
- Standard final: top 8 advance, with re-seeding after 3rd round.
- Standard final with sorting after 3rd and 5th round: top 8 advance, with re-seeding after 3rd and 5th rounds.
- Unlimited rounds to all: all athletes do not have a set limit in the number of attempts and the organizer will choose when to stop the event.
5. If a stage of an event includes several races/groups, you can add them by clicking on the plus icon on the right-hand side and choosing a number from the Add group(s) list depending on the number of groups you need. You can add more than 10 groups by repeating this step.
Please note: the Summary Group is important for a meeting in which the Roster fantasy game is enabled. All fantasy game points for places and records are based on results from the Summary Group. Also, all fantasy game points for places are based only on results from the Final stage.
6. Set the Event start by either (i) selecting the applicable date and time (local time), or (ii) typing the date and time (local time).
You can change the date and time format in the user settings. See more information in the Date and time format guide.
7. If an event has a special name (e.g. name of sponsor), you can add a title to the event by clicking on the edit icon on the right-hand side and select the Change title link.
You can also add the same event to the schedule with a different title by clicking on the plus icon on the right-hand side and choosing the Add new event with title link.
8. The timing method for each timed track event group can be changed by clicking on the timing icon.
There are 3 choices to select from:
- F.A.T. automatic electronic timing - default.
- Hand timing - must be rounded up and entered in tenths of a second, and for sorting and placing purposes standard IAAF corrections are added to the hand time.
- Hand timing (allow records) - records can be set if the hand recorded time plus correction offset total is lower than a current record.