When your meet/meeting is ready, you can start adding results. We recommend using one of the supported photo-finish timing systems (please see our Sports Timing Integrations guides for more details) or the Meet Mgmt app with the Manual Timing feature (please see Manual Timing for XC and road running guide for more details) to add results for distance events. However, you can also add all results manually in the web admin system. You can do this under the Results tab.
This guide is divided into the following sections below:
- Events list
- Adding results and places
- Sorting participants
- Status (DNF, DQ, DNS)
- Marking event as finished
- Hand timing
- Internal notes
1. Select an event from the list on the left side. You can change the sorting of events by clicking on the icon in the Search field and selecting sort by either Event name or Event time.
You can also filter events by Gender and hide Breakdowns and Finished events.
The search option allows you to search for an Event name or Participant name. When selecting the latter option, you can decide if you want to filter start lists to show only searched participants automatically.
2. You can add results in the Result column, and Places will be calculated automatically. Alternatively, you can add results and places manually if Calculate places is disabled under the Automatic calculations option.
Please note: enabling or disabling the automatic calculations applies to all groups of a given event stage (including the summary group).
You can change the sorting method to make entering results easier, e.g., when copying them from a scoresheet. Under options, there are two methods: Sort by place and Sort by lane/order.
Please note: you can add results in SS.sss format if the Auto-format results option is off.
3. When entering results, any records that are set (WR, MR, PB, SB) will show automatically under the results. However, you can change all records manually by disabling Calculate records under Automatic calculations under Options.
Please note: enabling or disabling the automatic calculations applies to all groups of a given event stage.
4. If an athlete did not finish the race (DNF), was disqualified (DQ), or did not start (DNS), you will need to change the Status of that athlete to the correct one.
5. After adding all results, click on the FINISHED trigger. The event will be marked by a checkmark in the Roster Athletics mobile app and Roster website. This will also trigger any individual or team competition points calculations for this event if the competitions are enabled and update athletes' records in their profiles.
Results are marked by two timestamps for (i) the last entered result (Last change); and (ii) when the event is marked finished (Marked finished). This information can be used to determine a potential deadline for a protest. The timestamp happens when the information has been made public (i.e., saved on the server) and not when it is either entered in offline mode in the Meet Mgmt app or typed down on a paper scoresheet.
Please note: once you click on the FINISHED trigger, you cannot undo this step.
To use hand timing for event groups, please see the Set schedule guide to enable this feature.
For event groups where hand timing is used, enter results rounding up to the nearest tenth of a second, which will have the following format (MM.SS.s).
The displayed results in the event Summary (if the event includes at least two groups) will have the designation "h" next to the hand-timed results. The "h" will be visible also in PDF files with results, the mobile app and the Roster website.
Important note: changing the timing method of a group with existing results will remove all results for that group.
As a user responsible for entering results, you can add a note to the event results, e.g. if you want to have internal information for the primary judge or the organiser. Select Edit notes from the options menu to add or edit a note.
If the event/group has a note, you will find an icon next to the event name in the upper left header and next to the event name in the list of events.
Please note: These notes will not be publicly visible to athletes or users of the Roster Athletics app or the public competitions website with results. Only users with permission to read or edit the meet/meeting can see them.