When your meeting is ready, you can start adding results. You can do this under the Results tab.
1. Click on the name of an event.
2. You can add places in the Place column and results in the Result column. Alternatively, you can add only results in the Result column and then click on the Resolve places & sort icon which will sort all athletes by results and automatically add all places.
Note that you can add results in SS.sss format if the Auto-format option is off.
3. For sprints events, you can add reaction time to the React. field and wind to the Wind field (if you choose the outdoor season).
4. Information about all records (WR, MR, PB, SB) will show automatically under the results. However, you can change all of the records manually if you disable the Assisted mode under Options.
5. If an athlete did not finish the race (DNF), was disqualified (DQ), or did not start (DNS), you will need to change the Status of that athlete to the correct one.
6. After adding all results, click on the FINISHED trigger. In the Roster Athletics mobile app, the event will be marked by three medals.
Please note: once you click on the FINISHED trigger, you cannot undo this step.
7. For relay events, you can add splits to the Team split column. The Lap time will set automatically.
To use hand timing for event groups, please see the Set schedule guide to enable this feature.
For event groups where hand timing is used, enter results rounding up to the nearest tenth of a second, which will have following format (MM.SS.s).
The displayed results in the event Summary (if the event includes at least two groups) will have the designation "h" next to the hand timed results. The "h" will be visible also in PDF files with results.
Please note that for hand times, the IAAF correction offset will be automatically added to the hand time result for sorting, place standings, and qualifications. The IAAF correction offsets used are as followed:
- For event distances of 50m to 300m, add 0.24 seconds to the hand time.
- For event distances of 400m, add 0.14 seconds to the hand time.
- For all distances above 400m, add nothing to the hand time.
Thus, as an example in the 400m, a hand time of 44.8h is equivalent to a F.A.T. time of 44.94.
Important note: changing the timing method of a group with existing results will remove all results for that group.