The last step for setting up a meeting is creating start lists. You can do this under the Start lists tab.
This guide is divided into the following sections below:
- Adding athletes
- Creating new athletes
- Adding and editing clubs
- Adding and editing initial records (PB and SB)
- Allocating BIB numbers
- Qualifying rounds
- Adding relay teams
- Multiple age groups events
- Transferring athletes and relay teams
- Generating PDF files
1. Click on the name of an event (or the name of a stage/group).
2. Click on the Add athlete or Add athletes buttons to add athletes to the start list.
After clicking on the Add athlete button you will see a new window with a search box and the list of athletes.
3. Find an athlete by typing in his or her name in the search box. If your athlete is in the database, click on the blue Add button next to the name of an athlete to add the athlete to the start list.
After adding an athlete to the start list, you can continue searching and adding the rest of the athletes without closing the Add athlete window. If you cannot find an athlete, make sure the spelling of the name of the athlete is correct, or follow step four below.
4. If your athlete is not in the database, click on the blue Create new button. For more information on how to add an athlete, see the Add athletes guide.
5. After adding all of the athletes to the start list, click anywhere outside the Add athlete window to close the window and then click on the Save button to save the list of athletes. After saving, the red dot next to the athlete list number will disappear.
6. After saving the list of athletes you can add Club, Initial PB (personal best), and Initial SB (season best) for an athlete. You can learn how to update records automatically, e.g. using the Tilastopaja database, in the Sync PBs/SBs with Tilastopaja user guide.
You can allocate BIB numbers in the BIB allocation view. See more information in the BIB Allocation guide.
7. For all events (especially if an event includes several groups), you can prepare the start list by using the Seed option on the upper right-hand side of the screen. You can also add lanes with this feature. See more information on this in the Seeding guide.
8. If an event includes a minimum of two different stages, you can use the Add Q/q option to prepare the start lists for a higher stage. To do this you have to add all results for the previous stage. See more information in the Qualifying rounds guide.
9. If you wish to add a relay event, you can add relay teams in the same way as adding athletes (by clicking on the Add relay teams button).
If you added relays teams to start lists you can add athletes to them by clicking on the icon.
10. If an event has multiple age groups, you can select the right age group for individual athletes. If an event includes implements, then the value of implements will appear under the name of an age group.
For multiple age groups and mixed events, the system will generate separate start lists for each age group and gender that will be visible on the event list using a gray font.
For more information see the Setting up multiple age group events guide.
11. You can transfer athletes and relay teams to other start lists. To do so, click on the appropriate checkboxes or the select-all checkbox at the very top, and select the Transfer selected option either from the three dots menu or Modify selection menu.
By selecting the Transfer selected option, a new Transfer to another start list window will appear. The window lists all appropriate start lists to which you can transfer selected athletes or relay teams.
You can sort and filter the view by the Event name or by date/time of the event.
- Athletes from the start list of combined events may be transferred only to another start list of the combined event.
- Transferring the athlete with a result will remove that result.
- Transferring will reset the Check-in status if the Check-in feature is enabled.
- You can transfer athletes/relay teams only to the lowest stage of the event.
- You can transfer athletes/relay teams only from the summary group. To transfer athletes between groups, use the Seeding feature.
By choosing Remove selected from the Modify selection option, you can also remove athletes or relay teams in bulk.
Please note: You can add or remove an athlete from the start list at any time (even if a meeting is underway). You cannot remove athletes added by registration in bulk.
12. You can also generate a PDF file with the start lists by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of the page and selecting either PDF: All events or PDF: Current event (if you want to generate a start list for a single event/stage/group). See more information in the Creating PDF files guide.
Note that once you have created all your start lists, you can view the complete athlete participation list for the entire meeting by following the View athletes list user guide.