The last step for setting up a meet/meeting is creating start lists. You can do this under the Start lists tab.
This guide is divided into the following sections below:
- Adding athletes
- Creating new athletes
- Adding and editing clubs
- Adding and editing initial records (PB and SB)
- Allocating BIB numbers
- Qualifying rounds
- Adding relay teams
- Multiple age group events
- Transferring athletes and relay teams
- Generating PDF files
- Searching for events and participants
1. Click on the name of an event (or the name of a stage/group).
2. Click the Add athlete or Add athletes buttons to add athletes to the start list.
After clicking the Add athlete button, you will see a new window with a search box and the list of athletes.
3. Find an athlete by typing in his or her name in the search box (you can use club and country filters to narrow your search results). If your athlete is in the database, click the blue Add button next to an athlete's name to add the athlete to the start list.
After adding an athlete to the start list, you can continue searching and adding the rest of the athletes without closing the Add athlete window. If you cannot find an athlete, ensure the spelling of the athlete's name is correct, or follow step four below.
4. If your athlete is not in the database, click the blue Create new button. For more information on how to add an athlete, see the Add athletes guide.
5. After adding all the athletes to the start list, click anywhere outside the Add athlete window to close the window and then click on the Save button to save the list of athletes. After saving, the red dot next to the athlete list number will disappear.
6. After saving the list of athletes, you can add Club, Initial PB (personal best), and Initial SB (season best) for an athlete. You can learn how to update records automatically, e.g. using the Tilastopaja database, in the Sync PBs/SBs with Tilastopaja user guide.
You can allocate BIB numbers in the BIB allocation view. See more information in the BIB Allocation guide.
7. For all events (mainly if an event includes several groups), you can prepare the start list using the Seed option on the upper right-hand side of the screen. You can also add lanes and change order with this feature. See more information on this in the Seeding guide.
8. If an event includes at least two different stages, you can use the Add Q/q option to prepare the start lists for a higher stage. To do this, you must add all previous stage results. See more information in the Qualifying rounds guide.
9. If you wish to add a relay event, you can add relay teams, like adding athletes (by clicking on the Add relay teams button).
If you added relay teams to start lists, you could add relay members by clicking the icon.
Click on the three horizontal lines icon to change the order of the relay members by using the drag-and-drop option in a new window.
10. If an event has multiple age groups, you can select the proper age group for individual athletes. If an event includes implements, then the value of implements will appear under the name of an age group.
For multiple age groups and mixed events, the system will generate separate start lists for each age group and gender that will be visible on the event list using a grey font.
For more information, see the Setting up multiple age group events guide.
11. You can transfer athletes and relay teams to other start lists. To do so, click on the appropriate checkboxes or the select-all checkbox at the very top, and select the Transfer selected option from the three dots menu or Modify selection menu.
By selecting the Transfer selected option, a new Transfer to another start list window will appear. The window lists all appropriate start lists to which you can transfer selected athletes or relay teams.
You can sort and filter the view by the Event name or by the date/time of the event.
- Athletes from the start list of combined events may be transferred only to another start list of the combined event.
- Transferring the athlete with a result will remove that result.
- Transferring will reset the Check-in status if the Check-in feature is enabled.
- You can transfer athletes/relay teams only to the lowest stage of the event.
- You can transfer athletes/relay teams only from the summary group. To transfer athletes between groups, use the Seeding feature.
By choosing Remove selected from the Modify selection option, you can also remove athletes or relay teams in bulk.
Please note: You can add or remove an athlete from the start list at any time (even if a meet/meeting is underway). You cannot remove athletes added by registration in bulk.
12. You can also generate a PDF file with the start lists by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of the page and selecting either PDF: All events or PDF: Current event (if you want to generate a start list for a single event/stage/group). See more information in the Creating PDF files guide.
Once you have created all your start lists, you can view the complete athlete participation list for the entire meet/meeting by following the View athletes list - participants overview user guide.
13. You can change the sorting of events on the left side by clicking on the icon in the Search field and selecting either sort by Event name or Event time.
You can also filter events by Gender and hide Breakdowns and Finished events.
The search option allows you to search for an Event name or Participant name. When selecting the latter option, you can decide if you want to automatically filter start lists to show only searched participants.
You can also search for participants directly on the start list by clicking Athletes and entering the participant's name.
You can toggle between Start lists, Results, and Check-in (if the feature is enabled; read more in the Check-in guide) by clicking the two arrow icon and selecting a view from the list.