This user guide describes how to seamlessly integrate the Roster Athletics platform with the FinishLynx timing system.
This guide is divided into a few sections below:
- What do you need to do to set up the integration?
- Integration type
- Starting integration
- Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
What do you need to do to set up the integration?
- You have created the meeting in the Roster Athletics platform.
- You have downloaded and installed the Roster/Lynx data transfer program named RosterAgent (you can download the program here: Download and install the RosterAgent).
- You have an active demo of, or a full license to use, the FinishLynx software (note that FinishLynx only works with Windows). You can download it here: http://www.finishlynx.com/product/software/finishlynx-results-software/
The RosterAgent program is a small program that allows communications between the Roster platform and FinishLynx so that they can stay in sync with each other during the competition for start lists upload from Roster to Lynx and results download and sync from Lynx to the Roster platform (and immediately in the app).
Now you should have everything ready to start the integration. Make sure you have the following three programs open:
- Roster Athletics in a browser
- FinishLynx running
- RosterAgent running
In the RosterAgent program, you will need to select the integration type by choosing either Serial port or shared LIF files per the instructions below in order to share information data between Lynx and Roster.
If you select LIF files as the integration type, then you will have to select both an input and an output directory. These directories NEED TO BE THE SAME as the input and output directories that FinishLynx uses in order for the data to be transferred between Roster and Lynx (see below on the Lynx setup).
Now let’s go to the FinishLynx setup before returning to load the configuration in Roster. Go to the FinishLynx program.
Open the Options menu under File in FinishLynx.
Make sure the Input Directory and the Output Directory point to the exact same directories as you set up in the RosterAgent. Additionally, you need to make sure that Code set and LIF Code set are set to Unicode.
Please note: if the directories are not the same between Roster and Lynx, the data will not be transferred and you will not get the expected results. Please double-check these directories.
You will only need to change these settings the first time you set up the integration, after which they will come up by default.
If you select Serial port as the integration type, then you will have to select the serial port.
It should look like this in the RosterAgent:
You will also need to change the corresponding settings in Lynx by setting the Data Source to Serial Port and Serial Port to the appropriate COM port in the Database tab under the File and Option menu in FinishLynx.
Please note: if you don't have a Serial port on your computer, see this link for a recommendation for a USB to Serial adapter.
Now you are ready to load and integrate your meeting data.
Go back to Roster Athletics in your browser.
Open the relevant meeting and go to DETAILS. On the left-hand-side, click the Agent config button.
This will download an authentication .roster file for your specific meeting that lets the RosterAgent know to use this meeting to connect with Lynx. Save the file in a place where you can easily find it again.
Please note: It is critical that you use the LAST downloaded authentication file to load into the RosterAgent. Otherwise, the permissions will not match and you will not be able to connect to your meeting (“Can’t connect - permission denied”).
Once the authentication file is downloaded, go to the RosterAgent. Click on Load configuration and select the latest .roster file (e.g., meeting-xxx-auth.roster) for this meeting that you downloaded (as soon as you load the configuration, a ".roster" file will be saved. This file stores the directory information so you don't need to enter directory settings every time.).
Click Connect. Now FinishLynx and Roster Athletics are connected.
If you have Show notifications enabled by default, you will see status messages such as:
You can disable notifications by pressing the Show notifications button, which will then appear as a lighter shade button.
Once you have prepared your start lists in Roster Athletics, then go to FinishLynx. Click on the Select event icon and when you see the dialogue, then click on Load Schedule. When you have done so, click on the drop-down menu and select the event you want to time and click OK.
Now the synchronization setup is complete and the start lists for a particular event are loaded into FinishLynx. FinishLynx is now ready to go and the event can commence in standard FinishLynx procedure. Once the event has finished and FinishLynx has the results, click on the Save LIF under File and wait approximately 10 seconds or less while the data is synced to Roster Athletics.
BIB-numbers: If you want to transfer BIB numbers from Roster Athletics to FinishLynx, you need to enable an additional field in FinishLynx as follows: (i) Select User 1 under File → Options... → Results, (ii) select User 1 under Fields and (iii) click Enable. You will now be able to transfer BIB-numbers as shown below.
Reaction times: If enabled in FinishLynx, reaction times will be transferred back to Roster Athletics.
Now you can go back to Roster Athletics and see the times and rankings for the athletes that have been updated from FinishLynx. The results are also immediately available in the Roster Athletics App.
Important note: every time you make an update to the start list in Roster Athletics, it is automatically pushed to the Roster Athletics Agent, but you still need to Load Schedule in FinishLynx. Also, field events are not supported by the standard version of FinishLynx.
Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the RosterAgent (please see the Download and install RosterAgent for latest version number).
- If a message of "Can't connect - permission denied" message pops up while trying to connect the RosterAgent, make you have loaded the latest version of the meeting agent configuration file. This file is downloaded from meeting Details → Agent config.
- If you are using shared folders and your connection status is good but either a.) your start lists in Roster are not updating to Lynx or b.) your saved results in Lynx are not being updated to Roster, make sure you carefully check your paths on both the RosterAgent and FinishLynx (File → Options → Database) to see that both the set of input and output directories are pointing to the exact same location and that the settings described above for set-up (File → Options → Database) are all followed precisely.