Download a small application to connect and synchronize the browser-based Roster Athletics platform with the FinishLynx timing system software during your meeting. This enables events and start lists to be updated from Roster to FinishLynx and results from FinishLynx to be immediately available on Roster and in the Roster app.
Before beginning, please make sure you have administrator privileges on the computer you wish to use for downloading and running the RosterAgent. You may need to approve the installer with an admin account and/or allow the installer to run through the virus protection and security settings. Make sure to allow the program to make changes to your device.
This guide is divided into two sections below:
After download and installation, please see the FinishLynx integration user guide for details on usage.
Downloading RosterAgent 1.0.14
Download the appropriate package for your operating system:
- Windows: http://share.rosterathletics.com/agent/RosterAgent-1.0.14.msi
- OS X: http://share.rosterathletics.com/agent/RosterAgent-1.0.14.dmg
- Linux (deb): http://share.rosterathletics.com/agent/rosteragent_1.0.14-1_amd64.deb
The RosterAgent currently has support for the following languages: US and UK English, Danish, Polish, and French.
Installing the RosterAgent
If you have a previous version of 1.0.14 installed, please uninstall the old version and re-install the new version 1.0.14 per the guidance below.
First uninstall any currently installed version of RosterAgent by:
- Going to Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features
- Under "Uninstall or change a program", select any existing RosterAgent versions and Uninstall
Open the RosterAgent package (.msi) and allow the installer to run through any firewall or virus protection programs on your computer (please note there is no message on installation completion).
Now the RosterAgent will appear in the RosterAthletics folder on your applications list and you are ready to run. A RosterAgent shortcut should also appear on your Desktop.
First uninstall any currently installed version of the RosterAgent by:
- Going to your Applications folder and find the currently installed RosterAgent
- Hover over the RosterAgent, hit control-mouse click and select "Move to trash"
Open the RosterAgent package (.dmg) and you will see the RosterAgent app icon appear in a folder. Simply copy this program icon to your Applications folder and you are ready to run.
Note for Mac users: the first time that you run the program after installing, you may have to approve the RosterAgent under your security settings. In Mac OS, you can do this under your general settings → Security & Privacy → accept the agent.